Pages

Friday, January 04, 2013

Welcome, 2013!



We were told the world would end in 2012, but I had my money on you kid...And you made it!

I’ve never really written down or kept any hard set new year resolutions. It always seems like resolutions don’t quite make it past February before they’re long forgotten. But here’s to hoping:

I aim to refresh and revamp three areas: Mind, Body and Soul.

A few things related to my goal above that I spent the first few days of this year doing which I’m a wee bit proud of:

-Finally went back to the gym after a 2 month long hiatus (felt GOOD). Let’s see how long I last this time. Hah.
-Drank green tea and ate probiotic Greek yogurt + an apple daily
-Hand wrote thank you notes. (Must do more of this in 2013!)
-Spend quality time with people I am thankful to have in my life. 

I also ate a ridiculous amount of leftover brownies, cookies, cupcakes, and rice krispies from my son’s birthday party (more on that soon!). Definitely not my shining moments of 2013 thus far, but I’m calling it “the slow removal of 2012 from my system”.

Holidays were bad this year, it's kind of sad that I don't even celebrate any holiday in December yet I managed to eat out of every free cookie/cake platter set out at work all month long. I indulged in my sweet tooth way too much and I’m paying for it now, but what’s life without a few bad choices right?

2012 was a good year overall, but I'm looking ahead and keepin' spirits high :)

No comments: